Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Backstory Pt. 1

I met Luke almost two years ago in one of my classes my last semester in college. He was charming, funny, and different. Because graduation was just around the corner I was not interested in meeting anyone new. Because I had no intentions of dating I let my guard down around Luke. We started hanging out as friends, but before long we had fallen for each other...hard.

Our relationship progressed steadily and things were working out for us. We had so much in common, so much depth, and so much laughter! It really was the dream relationship in many respects. It wasn't too long before we knew that our relationship was headed towards marriage. We talked comfortably about our future together: a dog, a house and how we'd decorate, what our job situation would be like, the whole nine yards.

One thing you may need to know about us is that we were both committed christians. This will color the story differently as you read more. Our commitment to christ, or at least what I thought was a commitment, was/is very important to me.

How did Eva and Luke go from a committed christian couple talking about marriage to him cheating leaving me bewildered? I wish I knew the answer to that question. I may never understand why this happened. I can however, write about it. Writing has always helped me cope. This blog is my attempt at coping.

Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment